- From the V-Sit, bring the arms back to a guard and roll the spine down to the ground to a Crunch position.
- From the Crunch, lift the shoulders off the ground until sitting upright.
- Keep the hands close to the chin.
- Exhale as you roll up, in a slow and controlled manner, one vertebra at a time.
- Keep the feet on the floor.
General and Boxing-specific Benefits
The Crunch and Sit-up are standard “groundwork” boxing exercises designed to strengthen the core.
Cautions and Modified Versions
Students with back and neck problems should practice with caution.
Spine/Core: Rectus abdominis, internal/external oblique
HELP AND SUPPORT
If you have any questions during your studies, feel free to use the BoxingYoga™ Worldwide Support Group on Facebook. It's a dedicated forum for students and coaches to help and support each other, wherever you are in the world.