Round 3 - First Set
This is a routine of exercises designed to help you find strength, endurance and focus. Concentrate on a correct, straight alignment and if you have a mirror in front of you, use it. This round combines exercises alternating between further deep squats and balancing with a totally vertical spine.
Deep, slow breathing is highly encouraged as it will help you strengthen your major muscle groups, particularly the core and legs, and help to develop coordination and smooth transitions through flowing movement. The Awkward pose is particularly good for endurance training.
Use this round as a means to "fire up the body" and challenge your mental mindset and commitment. Don't give up!
Click on a posture image to learn more about it.
Round 3 - Second Set
In the second set aim to improve your technique by:
- curving your back more and reaching forwards further in the 2. forwards reach
- ensure that your back is entirely vertical at all time in the balance. Drop your pelvis!
- increase the depth of your squat
- engage your core like never before
- lift your heels up as high as possible, though stay equally low in your squat
Roll down slowly and feel each vertebrae curving. Take a deep breath as you "hang" there and check that your neck is relaxed too. When you are ready, bend your knees and place your hands on the floor. Step back to a plank position (stomach in and core engaged) and carry on.