Right Foot - One-legged Downwards Dog
- From the Downwards-facing Dog position, raise one leg up, keeping the hips parallel to the ground. This increases the stretch in the calf of the standing leg.
- Maintain the length in the spine and push into the floor with the heels of the hands.
- Straight neck.
- Guide the heel of the standing leg down to the floor.
- Flex the raised foot and lengthen behind the knee.
- Also see Rotating Plank Sequence.
General and Boxing-specific Benefits
Cautions and Modified Versions
Study and Reflect
HELP AND SUPPORT
If you have any questions during your studies, feel free to use the BoxingYoga™ Worldwide Support Group on Facebook. It's a dedicated forum for students and coaches to help and support each other, wherever you are in the world.