Reversed Table Top
- From the Seated position, open the chest, inhale and roll the shoulders up and back.
- Place the hands on the ground directly under the shoulders, fingers pointing in. See Variation below.
- Exhale and lift the hips off the ground, supporting the body on the feet and fists.
- Engage the back of the leg.
- Open the chest, align the neck with the spine, and engage the muscles in the arms and legs.
Variation: On the Knuckles
- As above, support the upper body on the knuckles.
- Ensure your weight is centred and balanced on all four limbs.
- Keep the wrists straight.
- Thumbs wrapped around the fingers.
- Do not under any circumstances wrap the fingers around the thumbs.
General and Boxing-specific Benefits
Cautions and Modified Versions
HELP AND SUPPORT
If you have any questions during your studies, feel free to use the BoxingYoga™ Worldwide Support Group on Facebook. It's a dedicated forum for students and coaches to help and support each other, wherever you are in the world.