- Support the body on toes and palms, keeping the spine straight and the head looking slightly forwards.
- Engage the core, chest, shoulders, back and arms.
- Engage the quadriceps and push through the heels to keep the legs straight.
- Lengthen the tail bone towards the heels (or pubic bone towards the belly button) and engage the core to support the lower back.
- Widen the shoulder blades and keep the hands shoulder-width apart.
- Keep the feet hip-width apart. Be careful not to collapse the chest.