Knee to Chest (Right Leg)
- From the Supine pose, exhale and bring one knee towards the chest.
Supine Hamstring Stretch
- From the Supine pose, bring one knee towards the chest.
- Clasp under the raised knee and extend the leg until straight.
- Flex the foot. Relax the shoulders and keep the chin down.
- Participants may use a strap around the base of the foot.
General and Boxing-specific Benefits
A restorative pose, the Supine Hamstring Stretch helps lengthen the hamstrings. Boxers with tight hamstring muscles will benefit from this exercise.
Cautions and Modified Versions
Students with extremely tight hamstrings are advised to keep the knee bent.
Spine/Core: Rectus abdominis, internal and external obliques,
Upper limbs: Biceps brachii, deltoids
Lower limbs: Hamstrings, gluteus maximus,
Study and Reflection
How would you guide a participant’s awareness when practicing this stretch?
HELP AND SUPPORT
If you have any questions during your studies, feel free to use the BoxingYoga™ Worldwide Support Group on Facebook. It's a dedicated forum for students and coaches to help and support each other, wherever you are in the world.