Extended Side Angle Stretch - Left Hand Up
- From the Boxer III position, reach up with the rear hand and drop the lead hand down to the inner side of the thigh. Rest the elbow on the inner side of the knee.
- Ensure that the spine is aligned with the rear leg, head facing upwards.
- Lift the inside of the feet.
- Gently clench the rear hand and rotate to hold a Jab. Keep the wrist straight, look through the knuckles. Stretch upwards.
- Keep the lead hand off the ground, by the front ankle.
- Open at the chest and gently press the elbow on the inner side of the knee to stretch at the hips. Deepen the hip-fold.
- Engage the core and lengthen the spine.
General and Boxing-specific Benefits
Cautions and Modified Versions
Study and Reflect
HELP AND SUPPORT
If you have any questions during your studies, feel free to use the BoxingYoga™ Worldwide Support Group on Facebook. It's a dedicated forum for students and coaches to help and support each other, wherever you are in the world.